Friday, January 13, 2017

Danger, Will Robinson...There's a Robot in your future!


Each day on the set of a show is really different and busy. Yesterday was no exception. I arrived at set and went straight to school. School is a blast. I really like my teacher Luke, and the person who plays my sister is also in school with me each day and she is really cool. I was in school for 5 hours. Then at 2:00 I went to the,”green room” to meet Toby. The funny thing about a green room is that it is rarely ever green. 

Toby is the person who plays my dad. He is really welcoming and kind. He is taller and has browner hair. He is very direct and looks you in the eye. When he talks he says intelligent things about what is happening in our world. He looks a lot like his mom. You may know her. His mom is Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall!!!!!!). He is an amazing actor. We only did two scenes but I could tell how great he was. 

After rehearsal and school, I went home. When I was at home my mom went to the gym and I watched a tv show called Legends of Kora. Even though I did not do a lot in the day, I was really tired. I think it's because I am in a new place and I am exerting a lot of energy just trying to find my way here. Even though we were tired from the day, my mom decided we should go out to dinner to this Italian place called Zeffirelli's. It had really good pasta and our waiter went to wizard con in Chicago so we talked a lot about the Windy City.


Today I started the day in school. I like starting there because it's the most normal part of my day and it makes me feel calm.Then at about 11:00am we decided to take a break. We were in the hallway having a snack when the prop guys pulled me aside and asked me to try something on. They wanted me to try on a com link! It looked like it was from Star Wars. It was really cool😎 Then they invited me into their office where I got to see some cool gadgets. I was in shock, they were so high tech and futuristic. It was hard to believe I will use this stuff, and I could not believe the prop guys came up with some of these ideas.

After school I heard that there would be a "show and tell" of the robot at 6:00 pm. I could not wait. I felt a fire in my stomach just wanting to burst into flames of excitement. I wanted to run over there right away. But I had to go have a photo double line up so they could pick a photo double for me. A photo double is used when lining up shots and when I run out of hours in the day that I can possibly work. When those things happen, and the photo double will take my place in a shot to look like me. They lined us up against the wall like we were getting arrested. They picked 3 kids  that looked like me. The doubles seem nice and cool. The weird thing was they all had blue eyes and I have brown eyes. One looked like me but had no bangs, another was dressed like me but didn't look like me, and one had the same build but the face had freckles. 

It was almost time to meet my robot. I was getting really excited! The fire began to grow every second I got closer to 6:00. At last it was 6! We went over to another building at the studio. The fire was getting bigger. Then Neil the director told me to say "action". "Action", I shouted, and then the robot came out. Whoa! A man named Brian played the robot. He puts on a suit with 500 or so pieces. He works hard and he is really nice. The robot had a light up face, it was 7 feet tall! I could not believe it. We got a lot of photos, but I can't post them because they are top secret!!. When it was over I thought it was a dream. It was a awesome day.


          
My very own parking space.
Now I just need to learn how to
Drive!

Special Effects in the making!
Recess! Juggling!
(Those are my "sisters" watching!)

Teaching my teacher to juggle.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Max! What kinds of things do you do with Luke in school? Does he communicate with your teachers here to see what you were working on when you left?
    It must be really strange to be in a "line up" with a bunch of people that look just like you! Thanks for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We try to keep up with the Coonley teachers. I am up to date in Math and am waiting for Miss Visser to send me a packet. I am also doing my own version of History Fair. I am doing it on Science Fiction. In particular how important Star Trek was in influencing cultural diversity at a time that was important in our country.

    ReplyDelete